All green, nature, and sustainability posts have been moved to Loving Nature's Garden

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I'm Green, Gold and More

I am the green-gold of sweeping prairies rippling in long winds as the sun drops toward evening. I am the fresh, green of sprouting seedlings after the rain. I am the sun-dappled green of twirling oak leaves on a spring day. I am the soft blue of summer skies through a canopy of leaves. I am the gold of sunflowers nodding on tall stems. I am the green of dragonflies and the brown of flitting butterflies. I am the gold of leaves gently settling on autumn grass. I am the gray of storm-clouds sweeping past. I am the white of snowflakes floating toward the Earth. I am the red of lava and the deep blue of the stormy ocean, the gray of granite and the red-brown of sandstone. I am all of these.

Scribbit's September Write Away Contest

4 comments:

Scribbit said...

Quite the existential trip! Lovely images!

Alison Kerr said...

Thanks Scribbit, and thanks for the contest :-)

Gabrielle said...

beautiful!!! I love your images, I can see the textures, shapes, and colors!

Alison Kerr said...

Hi Gabrielle. Thanks for visiting and for the compliment :-)

 
Education and Training Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory