All green, nature, and sustainability posts have been moved to Loving Nature's Garden

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Asking Questions - 10 Attributes to Positively Influence Your Family and Community and How to Grow Them #3

This is day 3 of a 10 day series. Read day 1...

Seemingly I'm on an endless quest to find the answer to life, the universe and everything. Somehow '42' doesn't do it for me (maybe I'm just not in the right place to 'get it'). Many of my earliest memories are of asking questions. Unfortunately the answers don't seem to have been very satisfactory -- not sure there if the adults were lacking in patience or just didn't really know how to explain to me.

I've always tried to do a good job of answering my kids' questions, while at the same time helping them learn how to find their own answers. In fact I think one of the fundamental advantages of homeschooling is the opportunity to ask and answer questions. What could be more frustrating for a child who needs to ask questions than to be in a classroom where they can't do so? Let's explore asking questions!
Got any questions? Just leave me a comment :-)

No comments:

 
Education and Training Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory