#1 = nice
Comes from the English word for foolish or stupid! I think my family were aiming for pleasant and kind, but maybe I should check with them. Then again.... maybe not!
Here is a list of resources related to "nice":
- Apparently there's a danger in raising nice kids - who'd have thought it. I think you should all read this just in case my promoting nice is about to damage your family! You can even get a study guide.
- An overseas American thinks that our kids aren't really so nice and has some ideas on why. There could be some ideas here on raising nice American kids!
- Googling 'nice "lesson plans" comes up with a guide to analyzing political cartoons. I'm not sure why that comes up under nice, unless they're talking about "nice" politicians. Who's your favorite "nice" politician?
- Did you know that there is a Very Nice People Society? They even have a calendar of monthly opportunities for being nice!
- You'll want to know about conquering the business world by being nice and maybe even invest in the book The Power of Nice
- Let's not forget about manners and etiquette! Teacher Planet has some ideas for lessons. Or how about cross-cultural etiquette with the Peace Corps?
- Or maybe your kids would prefer to learn about morality with art activities. The high school topic of morality and brain science sounds intriguing, or you could use Aesop's Fables with lessons from National Endowment of the Humanities.
- Last, but not least, Mrs Boot at Apple Tree Farm is just plain nice! How about this, she's even a female farmer!