- Both parents are working and there's no-one home to homeschool.
- Parents want to be adults again and they can't wait for their kids to go off to school - they've not mastered the art of errands with kids in tow.
- Kids need something more to do and parents think that it's school.
- They don't know how to homeschool and don't think it's an option.
- Kids need friends and parents think school is the best place to get them.
- They think you need endless patience to homeschool.
- School and teachers are thought to be the experts and will do a better job than they could.
- Kids will do things for teachers that they would not do for their parents - they want someone else involved in disciplining their kids.
- Everyone else is doing it.
- It's a right of passage? They did it themselves so their kids must do it too.
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Here are ten reasons that I think parents send their kids to school: