All green, nature, and sustainability posts have been moved to Loving Nature's Garden

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I Love to Go A-Wandering!

"I love to go a-wandering, along the mountain track, and as I go, I love to sing, my knapsack on my back..." I could be the original Happy Wanderer, at least that seems to be how I go through life; caring less about the destination than about the journey.

When I sit down and think about it, that's how my journey across the galaxy as a homeschooler began. These days I'm less of a hitchhiker and more of a web wanderer and chaffeur for my kids, but I still want to be Maria in The Sound of Music - running across the peaks of the alps through meadows of flowers feeling the wind in my hair and hearing the sounds of nature. I may have my eye on the next mountain top, but there is always time to stop and peer at any rock or flower, even if I need glasses to do so these days, to detour and visit a cool, fresh, mountain stream, or to slow down and help someone else on the trail that is homeschooling and life.

What is your favorite scouting/campfire song? Where do you like to wander?

1 comment:

Kris said...

Hey, what a great start! I love the link to the scoutsongs.com. Now I know where to find all those songs I've been looking for for the kids.

 
Education and Training Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory