All green, nature, and sustainability posts have been moved to Loving Nature's Garden

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Google the Galaxy

There may not be internet service out in space yet, but at least you can Google the galaxy.

In honor of the 4oth anniversary of the first moon walk Google is taking us out from the Earth, into the Galaxy, and onto the moon. With Google Earth on your computer you can go right in and check out the moon stuff. Otherwise, you can view the promotional Moon in Google earth video and see what it's all about.

Another couple of things to check out:
  • Mythbusters debunk the moon conspiracy theory myth.
  • Buzz Aldrin didn't just hit a conspiracy theorist with words, he packed a punch and was taken to court. I'm not one to condone violence, but where do these conspiracy theorists get their crazy ideas and the nerve to pursue them?
Did you do something yesterday to commemorate the moon landing? Got some more links to recommend? Please share.

2 comments:

Ruralmama said...

Hmm, I guess I'm one of those loonies then.

The moon landing thing has always seemed a little fishy to me, especially the way that NASA now has admitted to losing the tapes recorded during the landing. Now Hollywood is helping them re-create them "even better than before" from "copies gathered from around the world". Ha, the way the world's citizens cooperate with one another alone makes me skeptical of that. Also, that our government has always had an issue with honesty makes me skeptical of it.
I'm not completely a conspiracy-theorist (and I'll make sure never to confront Buzz with my doubts!Yow!), but there is some cause for disbelief, for me.
So, we did nothing to commemorate the day, just our fun normal routine.

John R. Sowash said...

Google earth is a great program. I am encouraging teachers at the school I teach at to use it. It's a lot of fun to play with!

 
Education and Training Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory