All green, nature, and sustainability posts have been moved to Loving Nature's Garden

Monday, December 22, 2008

Three Free Ways to Promote Your Blog

Since entering the world of blogging I have managed to learn a few things about the blogging business. I'm someone who likes to share and since you're a reader of my blog, I'm going to share with you three free ways to promote your blog.
  1. Blogcatalog.com - list your blog here so that people searching for blogs on your topic will have a chance of finding you.
  2. The Blogged.com site will also list your blog for free. An editor from the site evaluates your listing and gives it a rating. For this reason I'd make sure you have your blog up and running and you've worked out some of the kinks before you submit so that you can achieve as high a rating as possible.
  3. Right here on my blog. If your blog is related to families or learning I'd like to hear about it. I have a pretty broad interpretation of what that includes! I love to check out what is happening with my regular readers and to link whenever I see something related to what I'm writing about. Leave me a comment so that I can find your blog. For established bloggers, I will happily check out your blog and if I think your blog might be of interest to my readers I'll offer to write an article here about what you do. For new bloggers, I know it can be a steep learning curve. If I can help you by letting you know my impression of your blog and by offering suggestions I'd be happy to do that. I try to be both kind and helpful.
Together we can meet our blogging goals.

2 comments:

Kim Anderson said...

Thanks for the tips!

I have played with blogging for a while, but I want to get serious in the new year. I write about motherhood, family, hospitality, life transitions and faith at the Blogger address Mother-Lode.

I write about preparing for post-high school options of all kinds at www.countdown2college.net/blog

I'd love to hear what you think!

Alison Kerr said...

Hi Kim, thanks for visiting. I'll be happy to have a conversation with you. I left a message on your Countdown to College site. Just drop me an e-mail and we'll talk :-)

 
Education and Training Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory