One of the categories of information provided by Google Analytics is Keywords. You get details of the words people punched into their search engine, which turned up your website/blog and caused them to visit. Am I weird to be fascinated by this? I don't know, but I think it's useful information. For instance would you ever have guessed that the most common reason people reach my blog here is because they are searching for Wizard of Oz Lesson Plans? Try it, search on this phrase, or something similar, and my humble, little blog comes up on the first page of Google results! Well, that may be surprising, but it's not terribly amusing. Hold on, just getting to it...
Here is a list of the more unusual keyword combinations that have found my blog in the three months that I've been blogging:
- as i go a wandering - I hope they got there.
- flintstone's premiered-1960 - I don't remember mentioning the Flintstones!
- "hedge apple" ethanol - wonder what they were planning...
- 10 nice people attributes - apparently people don't know what qualifies as nice any more!
- 47d608ad36f318f572b6b4c232 - well, no clue on this one.
- arr where's me booty - not on my blog for sure!
- canada economy materialism - did I talk about this?
- galaxy bits - was this the candy/chocolate galaxy, or are we falling apart?
- google analytics zero views - I guess someone wanted to know how to make their blog invisible, which brings us to...
- guide to become invisible - I'm lost for words!
- i admire you for raising your children - thank you, I appreciate that.
- it's a braw bricht moonlicht nicht the nicht robbie burns - my favorite - who ever typed such a lo....ng search term?
Brought to you by GreatFunBooks.com - the home of fun reading for kids.